NGCC Volunteer Announcement
As part of the effort to engage our members and give back to our communities, NGCC would like to announce a few vacant positions where members would have the opportunity to leverage their experiences to support our goals and the chamber. Your decision to volunteer would allow the organization to be more efficient and effective in achieving its Vision and Mission. Below are the job descriptions.
Position: Chairperson of the Committee – Community Affairs
- This individual will be responsible for planning, coordinating, and executing all Community Relations and Engagement activities.
- Establish, build, and maintain community relationships and partnerships to increase community awareness of emerging business developments, opportunities and seminars
- Oversee the execution of all Community Relations & Engagement events throughout the city and surrounding areas with the intent to raise awareness and foster community trust through addressing lack in community.
- Develop community engagement strategy, through collaboration with a variety of community businesses, civic, nonprofit and grass-roots groups to build and support partnerships and enhance our community-wide capacity to address issues related to minorities.
- Organize and manage community engagement materials such as takeaway supplies for the various networking events and programs
- Represent NGCC at local seminars/workshops, business associations, and community governing bodies.
- Work with the vice president to maintain program records and produce monthly reports on program activities, accomplishments and challenges including program statistics, evaluation and demographic data
- Attend all required meetings and training sessions.
- Maintain the highest level of client confidentiality.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- High school diploma or equivalent, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 1-5 years of related experience
- Exceptional organizational skills and enthusiasm, initiative, and drive
- Experience working within communities to network and build relationships
- Strong communication and written skills, as well as a demonstrated ability to work effectively in a diverse environment and public relations
- Experience with community engagement, health education, and/or other community-building activities
- Ability to perform community engagement in diverse environments
To Apply fill out the form below
Chicago, IL. 60605